Software Engineer/Developer I/II – Lexington Park, MD
Software Engineer II
Location: Lexington Park, MD
An entry or mid-level Software Developer is sought by Heron Systems Inc., a growing company developing and delivering state-of-the-art test and evaluation products and services to defense customers. This is an immediate opening. The work will be performed in Lexington Park, MD on NAS Patuxent River.
This position is ideal for an individual who loves technology, wants to develop software for multiple projects, and write code with an integrated product team in a test-driven development environment. The ideal candidate must be a motivated team player with excellent technical and communication skills.
The successful candidate will actively participate in all phases of the software development life cycle in support of the Electronic Combat Stimulation Branch, part of the Air Combat Environment Test and Evaluation Facility at NAS Patuxent River. Ongoing software development projects include NAVSIM, a Mil-Std-1553 EGI Emulator, and NEWEG, the ECSTIM Branch’s next generation test stimulation and measurement system.
The successful candidate must be capable of working independently for long periods of time and be able to recommend and manage project objectives and priorities. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of software analysis, design, and engineering is a must. Knowledge and experience with EW modeling, sensor modeling, and interface development is a plus.
- Position requires an active Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one
Required experience and skills:
- Demonstrated C/C++/Java or related programming language experience
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented concepts
- Development experience on both Windows and Linux OS
- Git source code management system experience
Desired experience and skills:
- MATLAB, C++ 11, Qt, Microsoft Visual Studio experience
- Agile software development process
- RF measurement
- 1553 bus
- Remote test instrument programming
- Travel – Less than 10%
- Teleworking – no
- Schedule – full time, Compressed Work Schedule
- Primary location – on-site, NAS Patuxent River, MD
- Clearance level – SECRET
- Citizenship – USA (no exceptions)